A RoboCup arena consists of a number of Z-pallets, the terrains within them and posts that hold them up to form ramps and platforms.
This consists of the following:
- 12x offset Z pallets (24x sub-pallets)
- 12x sets of walls
- 4x sets of ramps
- 1x crossing gravel
- 1x set of elevated crossing ramps
- 1x set of setpfields
- 1x align edges
- 1x slalom
- 1x hurdles
The following is the recommended list of parts to assemble, and materials to cut, ahead of the RoboCup competition (or ahead of any arena construction). If these units are assembled prior to the arena itself being built, it will greatly accelerate the arena building process.
The numbers quoted include spares. The numbers in brackets are the minimum.
15mm thick OSB Sheets:
Used in walls and terrains. Note that the subpallets listed at the end of this page also require OSB sheets, these are not accounted for in these quantities.
- 100 x (A) 300 x 300 mm OSB sheets (90)
- 35 x (B) 300 x 600 mm OSB sheets (30)
- 13 x (C) 300 x 900 mm OSB sheets (12)
- 15 x (D) 300 x 1,200 mm OSB sheets (12)
- 10 x 50 x 10 mm OSB sheets (for hurdles) (6)
- 3 x triangles, 225 x 419 mm, tip at 30 degrees (for gravel) (2)
50 x 100 mm wooden posts:
Used in supports and slalom. Note that the subpallets listed at the end of this page also require wooden posts, these are not accounted for in these quantities.
- 3 x 100 mm (approx) (for slalom) (2)
- 20 x 600 mm (for supports) (16)
- 10 x 1,200 mm (for supports) (6)
50 mm Pipes:
Used in the hurdle. Outer diameter should be within 5mm of 50mm.
- 4 x 300 mm (3)
- 2x 600 mm (1)
50 mm wide Velcro:
Used in the Slalom and Rails.
- 1,500 mm length
Screws and Fasteners:
Exact quantities are difficult to recommend. The following is a rough guide. Note that unlike other categories on this page, this includes the quantities for the other components listed below.
- 1,000 x 40 mm long screws
- 500 x 80 mm long screws
- 500 x 25 mm long staples + power nailgun
- 500 ml wood glue
These parts should ideally be pre-fabricated prior to the competition.