A RoboCup arena consists of a number of Z-pallets, the terrains within them and posts that hold them up to form ramps and platforms.
This consists of the following:
- 24x offset Z pallets (24x sub-pallets)
- 24x sets of walls
- 8x sets of ramps
- 2x crossing gravel
- 2x set of elevated crossing ramps
- 2x set of setpfields
- 2x align edges
- 2x slalom
- 2x hurdles
The following is the recommended list of parts to assemble, and materials to cut, ahead of the RoboCup competition (or ahead of any arena construction). If these units are assembled prior to the arena itself being built, it will greatly accelerate the arena building process.
15mm thick OSB Sheets:
Used in terrains. Note that the subpallets listed at the end of this page also require OSB sheets, these are not accounted for in these quantities.
- 40 x (A) 300 x 300 mm OSB sheets
- 50 x (B) 300 x 600 mm OSB sheets
- 5 x (C) 300 x 900 mm OSB sheets
- 20 x (D) 300 x 1,200 mm OSB sheets
- 25 x 50 x 10 mm OSB sheets (for hurdles)
- 6 x triangles, 225 x 419 mm, tip at 30 degrees (for gravel)
5-6mm clear polycarbonate sheets:
Used in walls of which there should be 24 sets. Should be drilled as shown. Note that these quantities allow for flexibility in configuration but also avoid some replication so are less than simply multiplying the quantities listed in the sidewalls page by 24.
- 64x (A) 15 x 300 x 300 mm (12 x 12 in) clear polycarbonate 5-6mm (approx. 1/4″) sheets with holes drilled as follows.
- 32x (B) 15 x 300 x 600 mm (12 x 24 in) clear polycarbonate 5-6mm (approx. 1/4″) sheets with holes drilled as follows.
- 8x (C) 15 x 300 x 900 mm (12 x 36 in) clear polycarbonate 5-6mm (approx. 1/4″) sheets with holes drilled as follows.
- 40x (D) 15 x 300 x 1,200 mm (12 x 48 in) clear polycarbonate 5-6mm (approx. 1/4″) sheets with holes drilled as follows.
50 x 100 mm wooden posts:
Used in supports and slalom. Note that the subpallets listed at the end of this page also require wooden posts, these are not accounted for in these quantities.
50 mm Pipes:
Used in the hurdle. Outer diameter should be within 5mm of 50mm.
- 8 x 300 mm
- 4 x 600 mm
50 mm wide Velcro:
Used in the Slalom and Rails.
- 3,000 mm length
These parts should ideally be pre-fabricated prior to the competition. Note that the previously mentioned quantities do *NOT* include the materials for the following.
- 24 x Base Z Pallets
- 280 x zero-height 15 degree ramps
- 40 x 50 mm 15 degree elevated ramps
- 20 x 100 mm 15 degree elevated ramps
- 10 x Rails
- 20 x zero-height steps (flat OSB)
- 36 x 50 mm high steps
- 20 x 100 mm high steps
Screws and Fasteners:
Exact quantities are difficult to recommend. The following is a rough guide. Note that unlike other categories on this page, this includes the quantities for the other components listed above.
- 2,000 x 40 mm long screws
- 1,000 x 80 mm long screws
- 500 x 25 mm long staples + power nailgun
- 500 ml wood glue