The RoboCupRescue Rapidly Manufactured Robot Challenge will feature at the RoboCup Asia Pacific 2017 Super Regional competition! This competition is open to all high school teams in the Asia-Pacific region.
This is an ideal opportunity to test improvements you’ve made to your robots since the International competition in Japan, see how prepared you are for next year’s competition or get some competition experience as a new team with something to show!
We will be running under an evolution of the rules that governed the RoboCupRescue RMRC 2016 World Championships in Nagoya. Keep an eye on the mailing list for updates. Please pay attention in particular to the fact that the only communications allowed are either 802.11ac or on a wired tether. In particular, no 2.4GHz or non-802.11ac 5GHz transmissions will be allowed.
Apart from needing to be from the Asia-Pacific region, eligibility (eg. needing to be a team of high school students) is as per the international competition for 2017, except that we have abbreviated the Team Participation Form (TPF) and Team Description Materials (TDM) as follows. If you are at all thinking of participating, please do of the following by Monday the 25th of September.
- Make a publicly accessible webpage (could be a page on your team website or blog, a forum post or even just a Pastebin text file but it has to be publicly accessible) with the following information.
- A short description (2 paragraphs or so) about what your team has been doing and any interesting, innovative features of your robot. Include any prior competition participation (such as participation in the World Championship in Nagoya).
- At least one picture (or a link to at least one picture) of your robot or plans for your robot.
- Estimated number of students, mentors and robots.
- Fill out this form (yes it is the Major form because we are considered a Challenge under RoboCupRescue Major) and email it to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Check the “RoboCupRescue: Rescue Robot” box.
- In the “Link(s) to access qualification materials (TDP, Video)” put a link to the materials you mentioned above.
If you have not already done so, please sign up for our mailing list at http://list.oarkit.org for rules, updates and other information!
Pre-Registration: 25 September, 2017
Submission of qualification materials: 25 September, 2017
Announcement of qualified teams: 2 October, 2017
Early Registration: 2 October – 27 October, 2017
Regular Registration: 28 October – 10 November, 2017
Late Registration (individuals only): 11 November – 8 December, 2017
No team registration will be accepted after 10 November 2017